Tuesday, December 24, 2013

From co-creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk , the FX series American Horror Story uses a unique an


Emma Roberts Talks AMERICAN HORROR STORY: COVEN, Playing a Bitch, Working with the Talented Cast, and How She’d Like to Return procurement for Season procurement 4 by Christina Radish      Posted 15 days ago
From co-creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk , the FX series American Horror Story uses a unique and compelling approach to television, with a different setting, different characters and a rotating cast of actors for each season. For Season 3, American Horror Story: Coven tells the secret history of witches and witchcraft in America, with a cast of talented actresses that includes Jessica Lange , Kathy Bates , Angela Bassett , Patti LuPone , Sarah Paulson , Frances Conroy , Lily Rabe , Taissa Farmiga procurement , Emma Roberts , Gabourey Sidibe and now even Stevie Nicks .
During this recent exclusive phone interview with Collider, actress Emma Roberts (who plays out-of-control Hollywood starlet and resident procurement bitch Madison procurement Montgomery) talked about how she came to be a part of Coven , that she was initially nervous about the subject matter, how much fun it is to play a bitch, how far ahead she was made aware of her character s story arc, the fantastic clothes and shoes she gets to wear, how great it is to work with all of these talented actresses, just how much crazier procurement things can get (they actually cut out a sex scene from Episode 7), the fan reaction she gets from people when she s out, and how she d love to return procurement for Season 4. She also talked about how she hopes to continue to find a balance between roles in comedy and drama, and how it s her dream to play a Margot procurement Tenenbaum (from The Royal Tenenbaums ) type of character. Check out what she had to say after the jump, and be aware that there are some spoilers .
Collider: Ryan Murphy has said that he wanted you to be on the show for awhile, and then this character came up and he thought it was perfect for you. Had you been talking to him about doing the show?
EMMA ROBERTS: I d told him that I wanted to be on the show since the first season cause I was obsessed. Anytime I d run into him anywhere, cause we re kind of friendly, I d be like, When are you gonna put me on American Horror Story ? And he randomly procurement just called me, one day. It was so surreal. I got a call saying, Ryan wants you to be on the show, and he s about to call you. And he called me and I tried to be cool, but I was jumping procurement around my house like, Yes! Yes! Yes!
ROBERTS: When I heard it was going to be Coven , I was like, I m so happy I m on this season cause if I wasn t and I was watching it, I would be so mad. When I was younger, I loved all those witch movies, like The Craft and The Witches and The Witches of Eastwick . Even Sabrina the Teenage Witch was what I grew up on. There s just something so fascinating about witches, and I think it hasn t been done, in a very, very long time. It s just so cool. When we do our witch stuff, obviously we don t see it because it s special effects. I love watching the shows because I look really cool.
ROBERTS: I was nervous. When he asked me to be on the show, I was so excited, but then, I was like, Wait, what s the part? I thought, What if it s something I don t want to do? Last season was pretty hardcore, so I was definitely a little bit concerned about some of the things I would have to do. And Ryan told me the role, and then I was even more excited. It s a role I ve always procurement wanted to do. It s fun to get to go to work and wear really fun dresses and heels, and look glamorous. I feel like I ve typically played the girl-next-door, in the past. So, it s nice to mix it up and play the popular girl.
ROBERTS: Yeah, it s really fun. It s fun to play a character who just says what everyone wants to say sometimes, and who is also just a complete bitch for no reason sometimes. But what I like about her is that, in every one of the upcoming episodes, there s glimmers of her being very nice, so you take her side, but then she s typical procurement Madison and goes back to making the horrible, mean joke.
ROBERTS: Yeah, kind of. They were like, We ll probably bring you back, but you never know for sure. After I was dead for two episodes, procurement I was like, Are you guys really bringing procurement me back?, and they were like, Of course! So, she s definitely back. I ve done pretty much every episode since.
ROBERTS: It was funny, the response I got. In my mind, I knew she was coming back, so I wasn t worried. procurement But, I was looking on Twitter and people actually thought I was dead for good, and were not happy about it. That felt pretty good, to have created a character that people are really liking, even though she is kind of unlikeable. What was really important procurement to me, doing it, was making her likeable, even if it s in small ways. I don t want to play her as your typical bitch. I wanted her to have a lot more layers procurement and be more interesting than just a surface bitch.
ROBERTS: Even if I did, I wouldn t tell you. I m just joking. No. I f

No comments:

Post a Comment